Thursday, January 17, 2008

orange juice with calcium +vitamin D

In the morning before work and every morning in general, really, I stop by my not-necessarily-favorite, but always reliable coffee shop, Europan. There is always a decision to be made while I walk from the bus stop, passed the synagogue and the ABC building, to my final destination. Do I get a bagel? Further more, if I get a bagel do I get it with jam or with creme cheese? I usually default to creme cheese but they put so much on it and it's very fattening. I could ask them not to put so much on it but for some reason I don't. I can just get a croissant and not have to worry about creme cheese at all..., but the croissants are kind of oily. I don't usually eat anything for breakfast so if I am indeed going to get something in the morning it has to be worth it because it has the potential of throwing off my whole day. Anyhow, these questions and concerns go through my head As I walk and I haven't even reached Europan yet. I get there and the decision's made. I walk through the door with my head high, I hang a left after the second table, walk to the back and grab a Tropicana pure premium orange juice with calcium and vitamin D (I don't drink much milk at all so I need to get my calcium from other sources) from the third shelf, the bottle not the carton. I approach the register and order my normal orange juice side kick, a cup of coffee with milk and no sugar and then I throw everything out the window; not literally. I get myself a blueberry muffin. Today was the very first time I have ever ordered a blueberry muffin from that establishment. It will also be the last. I'll stick to the bagels from now on; the muffin had an airport snack shack quality to it which bummed me out. I was really excited for the muffin. As human beings, we are creatures of habit. I hate that about us but it's true and familiar and comfortable. Often times creating new habits can be like pulling teeth. For example, I try to eat a little something in the morning now since I hardly ever eat anything until three or four in the afternoon. I know it's not healthy but I've been doing it for years and I'm trying to change that; I just wont change it with blueberry muffins from Europan.

Speaking of breaking habits, this is my first blog that is not on myspace. I'm going to try and stick with this and update it on a regular basis. As I start this I know the blogs wont be that good but I promise to improve them as I continue. Bear with me. It won't be every day but it will at least be once a week. General themes will be apart of the entries and I will try and make them interesting for the reader.

I salute you

You're beautiful.

3 comments:

Knight said...

Our Blogs match.

Dude your breakfast stress is going to give you an ulcer. Can't you try branching out to new places?

Alex! said...

I love that you think the croissant as oily... I think of it as buttery.

Also, I always end up taking half the cream cheese off of my bagle.

hahaha... oh europan. gotta love it.

PAMELA said...

I am very glad to read and hear what is going on in your "daily /weekly grind" when I can't see you. I love to read so I will check on you frequently-

Aunt Pam.....